I have very few family members in MN. I think some of them should move here. Therefore, I'm compiling a somewhat objective roundup of rationale for making a move to MN/MPLS, in the form of a list of attaboys that might be appealing to my family members:
Brains and Know-How
- Minneapolis was named the third most literate city in the nation last year by the Center for Public Policy and Social Research
- Minneapolis is named one of the top ten smartest cities in America by the Daily Beast
- Minneapolis was named the best city for finding employment by Forbes Magazine
- Minneapolis, St Paul has the best airport food, according to airfarwatchdog
- Minneapolis named top vacation spot by National Geographic Magazine
- Target Field was named the Sports Facility of the Year by Street & Smith's Sports Business Journal
- Minneapolis Named One of 18 'Coolest Cities' in America by Men's Journal
- Minnesota named 'Most Hipster State in the U.S.'
- Minneapolis has the best parks system, according to Live Science.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul named the healthiest, fittest metropolitan area in the United States by the American College of Sports Medicine
- Minneapolis named Bicycling's Top City by Bicycling.com
- Minnesota named by best trail state by American Trails (biking, equestrian cross-country skiing, off-highway vehicle, water, snowmobile trails, and several thousand hiking trails)
- Minneapolis is the fittest large city in the U.S., according to new rankings from MapMyFitness.
- Named one of the top ten cities for organic eaters to live by Organic Authority.
- Minneosta named one of the top 10 friendliest states for physicians by Modern Medicine.
- Rochester (just 1.5 hours away) named one of the 10 best cities of the next decade by Kiplinger
- Four Minnesota hospitals were named among best in nation by Thomson Reuters
[where: Minnesota, Food, Minneapolis, Twin Cities, 55418]
The Advocate recently named Minneapolis the gayest city in America. That usually suggests all kinds of cultural advantages.
Not one, but three local theatres - the Guthrie, Theatre de la Jeune Lune, and the Children's Theater - have won the Tony Award for Best Regional Theatre.
Let's not forget the fantastic music scene.
One might notice that your list says, "Minneapolis" a lot. Having met your sister-in-law and her husband...what odds would you give them for living in the city proper vs the suburbs.
Political leanings aside, those that value many of the things you note (the arts, bikeability, "coolness") generally fall into a rather predictable "class" of people...
And thus, I challenge someone to find publications bringing out the bons mots for Eden Prairie & Stillwater...
Minneapolis is the fittest large city in the U.S., according to new rankings from MapMyFitness.
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa - Mapyro
This 5-star resort features 604 guestrooms and suites, an expansive 김천 출장샵 casino floor, two full-service spa tubs, an outdoor pool, and a casino with 양산 출장마사지 poker machines.Free WiFi: 8.4Value for money: 8.1 오산 출장안마 Rating: 4 시흥 출장샵 · 11 reviews · Price range: $ (Based on Average Nightly Rates for a Standard Room 사천 출장샵 from our Partners)What are some of the property amenities at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa?Which room amenities are available at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa?
Post a Comment