Just Truffles carries about 30 regular flavors of truffles in addition to some seasonal flavors.
In order from left to right, top to bottom:
Just Truffle's fluffy centers aren't dense or fudge-like at all. The centers are light and creamy, and the coating cracks as you bite into the truffle. Also, they're large - 3 or 4 bites per truffle.
- Chocolate Malted: malt powder blended with heavy whipping cream folded into a milk chocolate ganache, dipped in milk chocolate
- Peanut Butter: creamy peanut butter in a white chocolate ganache, dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with crushed peanuts
- Passion Fruit: milk chocolate ganache blended with passion fruit puree, dipped in milk chocolate
- Just Chocolate: dark chocolate ganache, dipped and decorated in dark chocolate
- Key Lime: key lime juice from the Florida Keys and white chocolate ganache dipped in white chocolate
- Bailey's: Bailey's Irish Cream blended with a combination of white and milk chocolate ganache, dipped in milk chocolate
- Grand Marnier: orange rind and Grand Marnier in dark chocolate ganache, dipped in dark chocolate
- Raspberry: tart raspberries, raspberry liquor and dark bittersweet chocolate ganache, dipped in white chocolate
I liked the Just Chocolate truffle - dark chocolate ganache dipped and decorated in dark chocolate. The intense shell snapped open cleanly, revealing a milder smooth ganache inside.
Owner and candy-maker Kathleen O’Hehir-Johnson uses all natural ingredients and makes each truffle by hand. They last about 3 days at room temperature, or 30 days in the refrigerator.
I'm a sucker for the 99% truffles at Legacy Chocolates, and I really appreciate Legacy's efforts regarding sustainability. But Just Truffles has a lot of fun flavors, and the bigger size makes does make their truffles a perfect size for sharing.
Evidently, during a performance at the St Paul Civic Center, Luciano Pavarotti was seen wearing a tuxedo accessorized with a gold stretch bow from a box from Just Truffles. Supposedly, he insisted, "I wore it for you," to O'Hehir Johnson, as he kissed her hand. She created the "Tenor's Temptation," a rum-coconut truffle, in his honor.
Sweets made by star-kissed hands!
1363 Grand Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55105
[where: Just Truffles, St. Paul, Minneapolis, Twin Cities, Minnesota]